Friday, February 20, 2009

A Tribute to a Friend and a Brother

How can one forget the friendship and the goodness of a person ?

I came to know him sometime in 1984 during the peak of the EMT hiring. I was a member of Batch 3 and he was Batch 6. We became close to each other and developed a bond. We attended the same church; had a common circle of friends; and practically were involved in the same social and community activities in Iligan City.

What struck me most about his personality was that he was a nice person, jolly and easy to go along with. He was the kind of person who loved to share and to give. But don't get me wrong - he could make a stand on any issue and beat you in any argument. I would consider him my greatest debate opponent during our memorable and unforgettable social sessions. I will always have a very high opinion of him and a great respect for his beliefs and political stand.

I could still remember him sweetly calling me "Do" or "bro". When he needed company, he would invite me for lunch or merienda at the JY Dimsum along Badelles Avenue, in front of the former Maratel. I had spent lots of my time in his company, enjoying each other's camaraderie and brotherhood, and exchanging esoteric topics.

NSC was just one of our ties. The other greater bond that we had was that we were fraternal brothers - twofold tie; and we called it the "mystic tie that binds". I know that he will be sadly remembered by the many people whose lives he had touched and influenced them with his positive outlook in life.

How will I ever forget the good 'ol days that we spent together? Farewell to you, Jed Malayang... You will always be my friend and my brother! (by: eRviN)

This is one my last pictures taken with Jed on March 1995 during my Installation as WM of Iligan Lodge No. 207. Ben Malayang III was the Guest Speaker when he was then the USec. of DENR. Shown in the picture from L to R - Christopher Chua Tek-an, Jed Malayang, Audwin Garzon, me, Ben Malayang, Manoling Reyes, Gig Emperado and Danny Gonzaga.

Pictures below were extracted from Jed's photo website...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home